Fees and insurance
Our fees at PAG are comparable to those of other highly skilled psychologists in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are in-network for Stanford Health Care Alliance and we are contracted with Lyra Health. We also accept private pay clients. We are an out-of-network provider for PPO insurance plans but we are happy to verify coverage and submit claims on our clients' behalf. For clients looking for lower cost treatment options, we have psychological assistants and practicum students available to work with you.
Contact us for more information on our fees and for help understanding out-of-network benefits.
For clients who do not have SHCA or Lyra insurance, our services may be eligible for full or partial reimbursement as part of your "out of network" benefits. To help facilitate out-of-network claims, PAG will provide you with a statement (sometimes called a "superbill") which includes all of the necessary information to submit to an insurance company.
To learn more about your out-of-network coverage for psychotherapy, contact your insurance company. Some questions to ask:
- How much coverage is available for out-of-network providers? For example, does the insurance reimburse for the full session or a percentage of the total fee?
- Do they set limits on the total number of visits/sessions per calendar year?
- Do they set limits on the total amount reimbursed per session? If so, ask how much they reimburse for the following "CPT Codes", otherwise known as a procedure codes:
- 90791 (the first intake appointment)
- 90834 (a typical 45-minute session)
- 90837 (an extended session of 60-minutes; note that many companies will not reimburse this code).
We are happy to verify your insurance and help you understand more about your coverage. Some of our clients have used Better, a company dedicated to helping individuals get reimbursed for out-of-network health claims.