Overcoming OCD - Education and e/rp classes
A new 8-week class for adults 18 and over is being offered on Monday mornings in our Menlo Park office.
Participants will learn about:
- the neurobiology of OCD
- over-importance of thoughts
- living with uncertainty
- understanding the motivations to avoid and compulse
Skill-building will focus on:
- the practice of mindfulness to combat over-importance of thoughts
- urge-surfing for distress tolerance
- embracing uncertainty by way of individual and group exposure exercises.
If you are interested in finding out more about the class, or to schedule an individual evaluation to determine whether the class would be a good fit for you, please call Dr. Tamara Hartl at 408-603-9857. Clients will need to complete a 45 minute evaluation prior to enrollment, unless they are already receiving individual treatment at Pacific Anxiety Group.
Classes will be on Monday mornings in Menlo Park.